Wednesday, February 02, 2005

January Shots

Palais de Tokyo n Beaubourg 003
Paris Metro...love it or hate it. Sometimes it has a certain charm. Though I know certain people who find it stylistically inferior to the London Underground. I don't know how it compares to the NY subway. Views and a comparative discussion on worldwide underground railway networks welcome.
Le métro parisien...on l'aime où on le hait, mais il a un certain charme, quelquefois. Je connais certaines personnes qui le trouvent inférieur stylistiquement au métro de Londres. Vivement pour vos opinions et discussions comparatives sur les transports souterrains à travers le monde.
Palais de Tokyo n Beaubourg 006
Hedonistic Remains. Sadly, I wasn't the one who drank it.
Restes d'Hedonisme. Malheuresement elle n'était pas à moi.

Palais de Tokyo n Beaubourg 028
Vintage TV at an exhibition about Parisian Audiovisual media.
Télé vintage pour les amateurs de kitsch, elle était joliement exposé aussi.

Palais de Tokyo n Beaubourg 020a
I can't believe I actually took this picture, I am so ashamed.
Je ne peux pas croire que j'ai pris cette photo, je me sens coupable d'un crime impardonable.

Palais de Tokyo n Beaubourg 020
I am so sorry I succumbed to a tourist trap. Never again. I've done it now, done the unspeakable. I feel soiled and I seek photographic redemption.
Pourrais-je être pardonné un jour pour ce pêché photographique?

New Year's Day 024
Sometimes my head is in the clouds so my gaze goes there to. Hence it's not surprising if I often trip up.
Parfois ma tête est dans les nuages, quelquefois mes yeux aussi. Donc ce n'est pas surprenant que je me casse la figure souvent .

New Year's Day 008
La Defense conglomorate can just be made out in the background.
Le beau monstre de La Défense est visible au fond.

New Year's Day 010
Some paving rocks carefully exhibited for the enjoyment of all.
On dirait un exposition.
New Year's Day 006
Clearly the missing tree must have blocked the view.
Photo prise le jour du nouvel an.

New Year's Day 020
This photo very much describes how I felt on New Year's Day.
La photo qui décrivait mes émotions ce jour-là... c'est difficile de dire pourquoi.
New Year's Day 025
Neon, eternal neon, will thine flame flicker forever?
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon, yeah baby!

Palais de Tokyo n Beaubourg 005
My good friend Mr P. in the middle of the Wang Du's exhibit at the Palais de Tokyo.
Mon ami John parmis l'exposition de Wang Du au Palais de Tokyo.


Don't forget to check out the sensational story of my Clubbing Overkill earlier this month featuring Electrocute and Alden Tyrell amongst others.

N'oubliez pas la chronique sensationelle de mes aventures nocturnes, si vous ne l'avez déjà fait.

No comments: