Thursday, March 31, 2005

Corporate Elation

Je me suis arrêté à l'Esplanade de La Défense, puis je marché entre les tours en verre et acier. Je suis arrivé à l'heure pour mon rendez-vous qui à eu lieu dans une salle aux murs blancs en carton-pâte. Quand je suis sorti j'ai pris ces photos.

I arrived at the Esplanade de La Défense. Then, I walked amongst the glistening skyscrapers and po-mo Lego-like builings. I arrived on time for my interview which took place in a non-descript room with a computer and a telephone on a formica table. I was surrounded by white divider walls and corporate elation. When I came out I took the following photographs.

Corporate Elation 028
Corporate Elation #1
Architects are just like little children. Leave them alone for a while and things like La Défense happen. More like a Super Mario Bros. crossed with Jacques Tati's "Playtime" than a business district. This is where I'm going to work from now on.

"Why be in business?"

Corporate Elation 046
Corporate Elation #2
Lamps, trees, handshakes and concrete shapes.

"What adds value?"


Corporate Elation 030
Corporate Elation #3
Lamps, trees, handshakes and concrete shapes. Never forget that. That's all it takes.

"How is a profit made?"

Corporate Elation 060
Corporate Elation #4
Business English for the Business French

"How is a profit measured?"

Corporate Elation 043
Corporate Elation #5
Take a heroic dose of LSD and then jump from balcony to balcony collecting imaginary coins, or rings if you are more of Sega person.

"How are people managed?"

Corporate Elation 062
Corporate Elation #6
I need to park myself in oblivion.

"What is efficiency?"

Corporate Elation 083
Corporate Elation #7
Urban waterfalls.

"Will total output change?"

Corporate Elation 053
Corporate Elation #8
Stop and think before you walk on..

"What makes a difference?"

Corporate Elation 085
Corporate Elation #9
What kind of vehicles is one meant to used on these alleyways? Golf carts! for a street golf tournament...Wow I think I just glimpsed the future.

"Is power controlled?"

All quotations taken from the Nuffield GCE Business Studies Syllabus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elated in ... elation! Just have a look here http://blog.elation.it
take care